Sunday 5 January 2014

Never forget.

Happy New Year!

Flying in quickly today with a present I made for my wonderful brave cousin who is in the RAF and has just been posted quiet close to us (yay!!). This die is new and I bought it with him in mind,it's the gorgeous Susan's Garden Poppy die from Sizzix. Why all the new stuff? I am entering it into the SSS Wednesday Challenge over here,which this week is 'Something New',so new stash for me,new post for my little cousin :-)

A while back I was at a car boot sale with my sister and came across a wonderful stall selling WW1 and 2 memorabilia. He had a few old mortar shells which are ironically very beautiful,and I instantly thought of crafty things I could do with them. Fast forward to a month ago when I finally got around to making something. Here it is,very simple.



I typed 'remember' onto antique music paper and stuck it onto the stem (no easy feat as it is super thin!)

I hope you like it,I hope he liked it!
Until next time!



3 comments:

  1. That's a very cool bit if up cycling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous, Louise! I LOVE your poppy. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Something New!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment-we all love comments ;-)