Saturday 15 February 2014

Raining wisdom

Hello from a wildly wet and windy Cambridge :-)

 Wow,we are being blown into March this month! So without further ado, this is what I have been up to today. Its a tag inspired by our recent weather and the lush Waltzingmouse Fanatics colour challenge over here. I luuurve these shades,so rummaged through my inks only to find I ONLY HAVE 3 PURPLES!!! Shock horror! That needs to be rectified with a shopping trip I think :-)


I used Waltzingmouse Asian Gardens Additions-a set I have never inked before,and an awful lot of various inks,ribbon and embossing powders...


The 'sparkly' cloud is embossed using Fran-tage AgedAqua,the other clouds are embossed in Distress Embossing powders Weathered Wood,then the outline embossed in WOW Brilliant White. The rain is embossed in a really old shimmer embossing powder. This is the colour pallet:


(No,I didnt hold back-I used EVERY colour on there!)




Well,thats all for me today,now to clear up all the mess I made,sigh... ;-)

Lou x

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Louise! Such a pretty tag, superb inking! And we have had our fair share of the rain now, and the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! I love the colour shading, the shimmer on the rain and the sparkle on the clouds. Sorry that you've been having so much inspiration from the UK weather, but your tag is fab! Thanks so much for playing along with Watlzingmouse Fanatics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly adore this! Great distressing. This is one of those projects that makes me want to buy the stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Lou - LOVE it! It's such a perfect set to choose for the colours (and the awful weather!) and you used all the colours perfectly. Love the frantage cloud.
    Thanks for playing with the Waltzingmouse Fanatics.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment-we all love comments ;-)