Monday 3 March 2014

Sunny flowers

Hello!
Well,the little sun we had today has well and truly G.O.N.E! Ah well,while it was around I made my stepfathers Birthday card using one of my favourite Flourishes sets,the gorgeous Sunflowers. Now,being a man of few words and very much un-frilly,this card had to be as clear and straight forward as he is. This is what I came up with


I stamped the image onto a piece of vintage linen and frayed the edges. Then I stacked that onto a piece of golden yellow cotton,which was then stacked onto a piece of florists voile (I had to stop myself after that-or I would just keep on stacking! ;-) ) I machine sewed around the boarder and mounted it all onto a piece of nice masculine bark print paper. I used colours to imply the hues of a sunflower whist keeping the image colour free. I think he will like it. He is an avid gardener and horticulturist,so I think this will score me some Brownie points ;-)
As this has no colour I'm entering it into the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge Less = More! :-)

Lou x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment-we all love comments ;-)